Building Inclusive Environments for All Generations (BIG game) is the new Erasmus+ project where SHINE is participating.
The BIG game intends to raise awareness and to transfer knowledge about appropriate measures and actions to create environments that are healthy and built in an age-friendly way, also by making use of ICT solutions, e.g. by assistive or smart homes technologies.
BIG game’s overall objective is threefold:
- Strengthen the competences of citizens to address barriers for social inclusion in their environment,
- Increase the understanding of stakeholders in municipalities and associations on options to improve the environments with partially low financial means but strong impacts on the living conditions of people concerned or at risk of social exclusion, and
- Empower the learners to build their personal action plans Formation of neighbourhood training groups consisting of older and very old men and women to meet regularly and support each other in (re-)identifying their talents, dreams and handling challenges.
The kick-off meeting was held online on December 3rd and was divided in two sessions. During the morning session an outline of the project , included the expected impact, ideas and motivations together with a proposal of the Quality Plan and Dissemination Plan were presented and discussed. The morning session also included a discussion on the places of the board game.
The afternoon session started with a get-to-know session whereby all partners presented their organisation, activities and projects.
After this a working session was run in order to discuss the workplan. As part of it, a life brainstorming session was run inn order to further specify the characters of the game and the places of action.
BIG game is coordinated by AFEdemy, Academy on Age-Friendly Environments in Europe BV (The Netherlands) and will be run till December 2022 in cooperation with the following partners:
- ISIS Gmbh (Germany)
- SHINE 2Europe (Portugal)
- Fundacja Mimo wieku (Poland)
- Stichting Hoger Beroepsonderwijs Haaglanden (The Netherlands)